Lake Champlain Basin Program
Lake Champlain Basin’s water quality, fisheries, wetlands, wildlife, recreation, and cultural resources.
Addison County Regional Planning Commission
activities, committees, projects, towns, and Regional Plan. The site hosts a library of resources, including maps, s
tudies and reports
Association of Vermont Conservation Commissions
- a place to find your local conservation commission or a place to join
Backyard Wildlife Habitats
- make a home for birds, butterflies and nature's other creatures
- location, installation, plant inclusion, maintenance and safety
Emerald Ash Borer
- an invasive insect that is affecting ash trees in Vermont and the U.S.
Vermont State Agencies
Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department
- conservation projects for municipalities and land owners
Vermont Land Trust
he Vermont Land Trust works closely with landowners, families, and municipalities to protect land.
New Haven River Anglers Association
- a fly fishing organization but more importantly a model for river and fish conservation
- field research group tracking animal movements throughout the state and conserving the land they live on
conservation of birds, other wildlife and essential habitat.
Lewis Creek Association
- protecting, maintaining and restoring ecological health in the Lewis Creek Watershed
Articles of Interest
Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation
- Home Page - programs, publications, grants & loans, maps and GIS information
The Watershed Center
- The Watershed Center was founded in 1995 to promote conservation and stewardship of the land.
- an invasive mollusk that is effecting the habitat and recreational use of Lake Champlain and other waters
Vermont Department of Forests, Parks
maintains the health, integrity and diversity of important species, natural communities, and ecological processes
The Vermont River Conservancy
- Home Page -
land trust who believe that the protection of exceptional shore land is essential to the quality of life in Vermont.
- Everything you need to know about reptiles
- everything you wanted to know with hundreds of photos
Protecting Water Quality
- protecting watersheds with proper backyard fertilizing and care
- composting in your yard - where and how
- information on invasive insects, plants and aquatic animals, algae, fungi and pathogens.
View on Mobile